Sleepy Moms Needing More Sleep
I was reading a blog written by Karlana this morning where she talks about restless sleeps and a hard time shutting off her mind at night.
When I get into a ‘to do’ frame of mind (which often reminds me of those days of nesting as a soon to be new mom), I have a hard time shutting off my brain at night as well. Leaving this mom tired and grumpy in the morning.
My tips for moms needing to fall asleep faster:
- Turn off all TV’s off in the house by 9:00
- Create a calm environment with more lights off (energy saving too ;) and calming music.
- Keep your bedroom tidy and a place of sleep.
- Turn your computer off at least one hour before heading to bed.
- Write a mom to do list each night before bed so you are not worrying about what you will forget the next day.
- Go to sleep when you feel tired and learn your natural sleep rhythm. Some people only require 6 hours of sleep others (like me) need at least 8 to function coherently the next day. Not getting enough sleep will reduce your productivity the next day.