Mom Organization and family computers
How many computers do you have in your home ? I have five (but I am a self proclaimed mom geek). As the resident geek of my flock I am in constant demand to help my friends clean up their computers. Which I really shouldn’t have to do if they are maintaining their computer.
So here are my tips for looking after your family computers and keeping their maintenance up to date.
1) Check your antivirus programs and make sure they are downloading their updates. If you don’t have one, get AVG free. Make sure you only have one anti virus program or you will find your computer will stop liking you.
2) Protect your kids ? Hey PROTECT YOUR COMPUTERS. Kids will visit any and every website on the internet and downlaod all kinds of nice and not so nice things to your computer. So stop right now and get cyber patrol. Know what your kids are doing and keep them from doing things to your computer that they shouldn’t.
2) Run a disk Defrag. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Defragmenter *do this every week. Need more ? You need to do this each week
4) Take your videos, photos, and music off your computer. Most of us don’t have enough memory to store all of these on our computer without slowing down your computer.
5) Remove unused programs using the Control panel add/remove programs.
6) Go to windows update and make sure you have all the latest updates for your computer.
7) Run a registry cleaner. I use Registry Mechanic. Be sure you have all of your driver disks in case you need to reinstall something.
Set a day each week to run a defrag and cache clear on your computer.